Tuesday, April 29, 2014

JMO- Just My Opinion

Today I will be speaking on relationships. I am in no way an expert or pretend to be. I just observe what I see and base my opinions on what I am seeing. I feel that many are getting into relationships too soon, without first getting to know the person they are dating before jumping into titles and commitments. It takes time to get to know anyone, whether its a friend, significant other. People are dating and in a few weeks they are already claiming a title, what do you really know about someone in a matter of weeks? Even months can go by and you still may not know who you are really dating. Some people let their wall down and give themselves up to another very quickly where others it may take years for the wall to slowly come down. It is important to take your time, do your research, yes! Investigate who you are getting involved with. Meet their family before having children with them. Some people have bad past experiences that if not dealt with correctly can carry over into your present situation. A person who has been abused, and have not sought out the help they need, or maybe they were an abuser but never gotten counseling, these are situations that will eventually surface in the future. If your dating someone who has cheated on everyone they have ever dated, but you feel your special and it won't happen with you, chances are your fooling yourself. Sometimes the idea of being in a relationship, the idea of being in love, the idea of having someone to call your own is so overpowering that it leads us to latch on to what we think is the real thing, but we realize later on that what we did was jump into a situation that we thought we could make into what we wanted. ( I hope you understand what I just said). Scenario #1 You just met a man or woman on Monday, sleep with him (and I am stretching this out), on Wednesday, on Friday that is your boyfriend/girlfriend, and on Monday of the following week your posting I love my man/woman. Don't you think that is too soon? RED FLAG- Slow down, your rushing things get to know him/her take your time, what do you know about his/her past sexual history? Scenario #2 You meet her Monday, sleep with her the same week. He is already claiming your his girl, he starts to tell you he doesn't like your friends and wants you to stop hanging out with them, he says your beautiful, but doesn't want you to wear certain clothing, he calls you many times a day, has to know what your doing at all times. You think it's cute; "Awe, he misses me, or Awe he is jealous that means he loves me". RED FLAG- Potential controller, stalker, abuser. Scenario #3 Signs of jealousy, control and anger is present, but overall he/she is a sweet loving person. You feel I can change him/her. All they need is love, it will all be ok. RED FLAG- Be aware of the warning signs. Broken people need help, professional help. They can't be fixed with love. Scenario #4 I love him, but he has a record. He can't seem to get a job, it's ok I will hold him down. Love is about more than money. I work, pay the bills and as long as he loves me we are good. I find this to be a trend now, many woman are working taking care of men who are not working, calling them "A MAN", in some instances it is ok, for the man to stay home, take care of the kids, and the house and be Mr.Mom, However if he is home all day, running the streets or laid up doing nothing all day and waiting for you to come home, buy the food, cook the food and take care of him. RED FLAG- Your raising up a lazy man. The bible says if a man don't work, he don't eat. I think this is the same for a man. A man should not be with a woman who has no motivation to do more in life. JMO (Just my opinion).

No comments:

Post a Comment